Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Life Since May!

I haven’t updated the blog since May!  Last summer I was better at doing things that required me sitting in a chair (probably because I was pregnant). Which means I kept up on pictures and the blog.  This summer, I was a lot more active!  But that’s necessary considering I have all three girls home with me.  We didn’t take as many vacations or trips this summer but after looking through our pictures… wow, we did a lot!

May is a crazy time for school.  It seems as though they try to fit a million things in since the weather is nice.  But there’s only a couple weeks to fit it all in so it’s busy!  We had field days, ice cream socials, dance pictures just to name a few.  I think it’s the schools way of getting you excited for the kids to be done with school for 3 months!
 Lily’s Kindergarten trip to the zoo!

 School Carnival!
 Crazy hair day!


Lily’s last day of Kindergarten!  She makes me so proud! We met with her IEP teachers a couple weeks before the end of school and they told us “She needs to be in the classroom.  She is learning at grade level.”  Oh my gosh!  Tears!  I wish her teachers who helped her this past year could some how have a glimpse into her life 2 or 3 years ago.  They would be AMAZED!  We didn’t know if she’d ever be caught up to grade level let alone in Kindergarten. God is good!

Annie’s last day of preschool!  Kim and Annie had a pretty special bond.  Annie convinced her to celebrate her birthday on the last day of school since she has a summer birthday. Of course Kim agreed.  Kim, Annie, Jason and I all had a hard time leaving Cornerstone that day.  Annie asks about Kim almost daily.  Teachers amaze me! To have that kind of an impact on a child’s life makes you a pretty special person. It’s helped that she’s kept in touch!

It has been a long time since we’ve been to RMNP.  So we packed the kids up and headed there for a hike.  Even in May RMNP has quite a bit of snow! But it’s not cold.


When I was little my family use to take a lot of bike rides.  We rode our bikes to the local DQ.  We’d eat enough ice cream to give us a sugar rush to peddle uphill on the way home.  We have been taking the girls on the Ralston Creek Trail starting at their school to the local pizza restaurant.  I can’t explain how enjoyable this is to me!  Not only can the big girls ride their bikes, but they can make it the whole way! It’s funny how personalities come out during our rides too!  Annie and Daddy have to go FAST and take short cuts!  Lily and Mommy like to take our time, enjoy the scenery and chit chat along the way!


And just like that, it’s summer!

No comments: