Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Jammed Pack June

Looking at these pictures, June seems like it was so long ago!  Why does summer just fly by? June probably flew by because it was jammed pack!

We took the girls to a Rockies game in early June.  You know, before it gets really hot?  Well, that wasn’t the case. We had great tickets behind first base but Jason and the big girls only sat in them for 15 minutes.  We got a picture with Dinger and then found some seats in the nose bleed section under some shade!  Gracie woke up to see the 7th inning.








We spent more time than we thought we’d be able to at the mountain house this summer.  It’s been a great get away for us and the summers are way better than winters up there!  Jason parents stayed with us and we hiked the waterfall hike at Grand Lake.





Then there’s Annie’s birthday. I mean, birthweeks! It seemed to go on forever this year! But I think it’s ok considering she has a summer birthday and it doesn’t get the bang birthdays do during the school year. But then again… she gets to have her party at the pool!  (And school, grandma’s house, grandpa’s house, the restaurant, Brooke’s house…)





We recovered overnight then had Lily’s dance recital the next day.  I was so proud!  She just did her thing.  No nerves.  No crying.  No anxiety.  Really?  She did the Minion Mambo. Serious cuteness!




Then Father’s Day and Jason’s Birthday.  Yes, June drains my energy and funds!  But it’s all worth it. Jason got to spend his 40th at the mountain house with his friends.  They golfed, biked and honestly I don’t really want to hear about the rest.



Meanwhile, my mom flew to Denver and rode with the girls and me to Omaha.  We went to Steinauer - the town where my parents grew up.  I haven’t been there in 6 years!  But it’s still the same Steinauer as it was when I was kid.  The same marry-go-round we all got sick on, the same tavern I use to drink Squirt at, the same church my brother use to get in trouble in.  It was pretty cool to see my own kids there.  



We were there for my grandma’s birthday. And the rare opportunity to have a 4 generation picture. (Jay was wishing he was in the mountains with Clapper… or he was realizing just how lucky of a guy he is!)




No comments: