Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Hanging On...

We are hanging on in multiple senses… Hanging on to summer’s warm weather... hanging on the side of a mountain… and hanging on to life with two kiddos!

Jason and his BFF, Jared, took a trip to Yosemite a couple weeks ago.  I think it was good for Jason to have a guy’s weekend but had I known what they had planned, it might not have happened!  They climbed Half Dome.  I’m glad I didn’t go into labor while he was gone but more importantly, I’m glad he made it home to see the birth of his child.





Now that the girls are in different schools, we have twice as many events.  Which is fun and busy, and only for one year.  We had Annie’s Fun Run which Aunt Danielle joined us for:


And Lily’s Run with the Wolves:


 Lily has been showing an interest in ice skating. So we signed her up for lessons just to see if it might be her thing.  We can’t tell yet.  But Jason decided to take lessons along side her and I can say that it’s definitely NOT his thing!



This is the time of year that I just wish I could grab the kids, my camera and head up to the mountains.  I would love just spending the day hiking around taking pictures of the beauty!  But there’s a few things wrong with that… the kids get bored, they get sick of having their picture taken and I can’t bend or squat or hike to get the pictures I want right now.  But we always try to make it up there this time of year.  We took the girls fishing because all that requires of me is sitting in a chair.  Low and behold… Lily caught a baby trout!






No comments: