Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Moving Right Along Into Fall...

Not ready for cold, getting tired of being hot… I guess it’s fall!  I don’t mind fall but as the days get shorter, I start dreading the cold!  Maybe having a baby will make this winter go fast!  Six weeks and counting!

[Some pictures are posted below.  To see all pictures CLICK HERE.]

We ended the summer with one last family vacation to San Diego.  It was Annie’s first time seeing the beach!  It was a lot of fun!  We went to Sea World, the Safari Park and, of course, the beach.  Lily went on a super scary, big-kid roller coaster at Sea World.  She loved it!  Well, she liked going up but coming down made her feel like having sick-ups.  Ha!


Once we got back, it was time to send our little girl to Kindergarten.  There were a lot of tears that day… and none of them were Lily’s.  There she goes…





Annie also started back to preschool.  I just don’t know what makes her think she can just leave me at home.  All alone.  Luckily I still get her in the afternoons three days a week!


In the meantime, we FINALLY got our backyard landscaped!  And with that we “fixed” up our old playhouse with lots of liquid nails and some sloppy blue paint!  And Jason won the dad of the year award by putting together the swing set all by himself!  Annie got to play on it for the first time and didn’t want to stop.  It was actually quiet in the house even though Annie was home.  I think the swing set paid for itself in one afternoon!

Speaking of dad of the year… I also have to give kudos to Jason for teaching BOTH girls how to ride bikes this summer!  Lily is pedaling away!  It’s amazing because it’s one of the last milestones she was held back from.  And now she’s off!  Once again… tears!


For Labor Day weekend we met some friends at Chatfield Lake.  Our last hoorah for summer!



End of summer means, it’s Lily’s birthday!  We had some friends over for a painting party in our new backyard!  I just can’t believe I have a six-year-old!  This girl teaches me something new each day!  And she is learning so much so quickly in kindergarten!  We are brought to tears on a regular basis just beaming with pride… We are so blessed to be able to watch her grow up and experience life!
Lily got a set of REAL golf clubs for her birthday.  I’m not sure who was more excited… Lily or Daddy!




On a sad note… we had to say good-bye to our beloved Wagner.  He has been one amazing little doggie!  He’s been with us through so much!  I’m pretty sure wherever he is, he’s surrounded by muddy lakes and as many tennis balls his little heart desires!  We miss him!


No comments: